If this isn’t the best-looking high-protein treat you’ve ever come across, we don’t know what is! Made using two different protein powder flavours (salted caramel and chocolate) this decadent cupcake recipe courtesy of Tropeaka is also entirely vegan and free from refined sugar.
They’re perfect as mid-morning or afternoon snack minus the crash for when you’re feeling like something sweet which will help satisfy you until your next meal. If you love baking healthy treats and experimenting in the kitchen, we highly suggest you give these a go! The recipe below makes 12 individual cupcakes which means you can make a batch to go around (or you know, just keep them for yourself)!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup light agave syrup, gently warmed
3/4 cup almond milk, room temp
1/3 cup cacao butter, melted
1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Tropeaka Salted Caramel Lean Protein
1 tbsp Tropeaka Chocolate Lean Protein
1 tbsp Tropeaka Cacao
1. Preheat the oven to 180*C or 350*F.
2. Add the agave, almond milk, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar into a bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Transfer half of the batter into another bowl and stir through the Salted Caramel Lean Protein.
6. Add the Chocolate Lean Protein and Cacao to the remaining half of the batter and mix until smooth.
7. Add dollops of each mix into cupcake moulds and swirl using a skewer.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and cooked through.
9. Cool completely before removing from moulds. Decorate & enjoy!
Head to www.tropeaka.com.au for more delicious recipes using their extensive range of super clean protein powders.