Straight from the pages of brand new e-book Create, author and nutritionist Liv Kaplan shares her recipe for keto-friendly chocolate peanut butter yoyos. Create is a collection of her favourite sugar-free and keto-friendly desserts that’ll help bring back those lush moments of indulgence in life.
“Peanut butter and chocolate… a combo you can’t go wrong with! Melty peanut butter on toast used to be one of my favourite breakfasts and now I’ve taken it up a notch. I love the slight saltiness and for peanut butter lovers, this recipe is an absolute must. This is also a great one for kids, not only in the way they look but the way they taste too.”— Liv Kaplan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
DF | GF | RSF
1 cup peanut butter, smooth
1 tsp monk fruit powder OR 1 tbsp erythritol
1/3 cup (80ml) coconut cream
35g dark chocolate, chopped
Liquid stevia to taste (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 160℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl and using a wooden spoon, combine peanut butter and egg. You may wish to use your hands if it is not combining properly.
3. Using your hands, carefully shape into 16 cookies and place on the prepared tray. Use a fork to imprint the cookie.
4. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
5. To make the choc filling, heat coconut cream gently over the stove or in the microwave. Stir in the chocolate until you get a thick mousse texture. Once no lumps remain, you may wish to let it sit at room temperature to firm up enough for spreading.
6. Once the filling is at a good texture, spread on to cookies and sandwich together. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
These cookies are best consumed within three days.
This is a recipe extract from Create by Liv Kaplan.