“This is one of my favourite go-to recipes,” says Leah. “Whether it’s lunch or dinner (or leftovers for both) I never get tired of these chicken teriyaki bowls because they’re so easy and healthy yet still super delicious. Besides a couple of hours of marinating, this recipe only takes 20 minutes to create! My tip is to marinate the chicken before work (be sure to leave it in the fridge) so you can come home from work and start cooking ASAP.”
Serves: 2 – 3
Marinating Time: 1-2 hours
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
1. Place ginger, soy sauce, garlic, oyster sauce, honey and chilli flakes into a large bowl and mix.
2. Add the chicken to the bowl of marinade and let it sit for 1-2 hours to marinate.
3. In a small pot, heat olive oil over a medium to high heat.
4. Add brown onion, whole cloves and allspice into the pot and cook until onion becomes translucent.
5. Add rinsed basmati rice and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken stock and stir. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a light simmer and put a timer on for 15 minutes.
6. In a large non-stick pan, cook chicken in batches until golden and cooked through. In the last batch, throw in the broccoli florets and cook until cooked to your liking.
7. Build your bowl! Divide the rice, broccoli and chicken and sprinkle with spring onions and sesame seeds as a topping.