Whether the weather outside is warm or chilly, there’s never a bad time to serve delicious ice cream, especially if it’s packed with healthy nutrients, like this raw, vegan, paleo version. Matcha is a specially ground form of green tea that’s high in antioxidants, as well as a trendy ingredient for luxe desserts right now. This recipe is really easy to follow – in fact, the hardest part is the hours it needs to set before you can eat them. Enjoy
Raw Pistachio Matcha Ice Cream
Makes 8 small ice creams
Gluten free; dairy free; sugar free; vegan; paleo; raw
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup pistachios, shelled (85g shelled weight)
- 1/2 cup (85g) cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flesh
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 100g good quality dark chocolate or raw chocolate, melted (opt)
What to do:
- Combine pistachios and cashews in food processor or high-powered blender and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Add coconut milk, coconut flesh, vanilla, matcha powder and maple and blitz until smooth.
- Keep blender running whilst pouring in melted coconut oil. This should create a beautiful creamy consistency in the blend.
- Pour into ice cream moulds or ramekins and freeze 2-3 hours to set.
- To serve, remove ice creams from moulds, place on a tray lined with baking paper and drizzle over molten chocolate.
- Place back in the fridge to set for a minute or two and then serve.