So much of my passion and love of food has been shaped by my roots in UK. My mum was an absolute superstar in the kitchen, cooking for customers in busy pubs for nearly 40 years. One thing I miss is my mum’s cooking and her chilli con carne is certainly one of those dishes.
YOU WILL NEED:
400-500g grass fed beef mince
1 tbs coconut oil/ghee/ butter/tallow/lard
2 cloves garlic – peeled and minced 1 brown onion – peeled and finely diced
1 red chilli – deseeded and finely chopped (deseeding is optional)
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp cocao powder
1 can tomatoes
1/2 cup bone broth/stock
1/2 cup passatta
1 avocado – chopped
2 fresh tomatoes
1/2 bunch coriander
2. Sweat off for 2 minutes before adding the spices, cocao and herbs.
3. Add the mince and turn up the heat to high and brown off the meat.
4. Once browned off, reduce the heat to a simmer and add the broth, passatta, can of toms and season.
5. Leave to simmer until it begins to thicken, remove from heat and set aside.
6. In a separate bowl combine the fresh tomatoes, avocado and coriander, squeeze the juice of one lime and season. Serve with the chilli.
Scott Gooding has just released the first edition in his new e-book series – Nourished. The e-book features delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack recipes as well as a 7 Day Eating plan and tips on how to get the kids and family involved and interested in making healthy food.
Download → Nourished