Chocolate and kale aren’t usually two words you hear in the same sentence, which is why these rule-breaking bliss balls, which I conjured in my own kitchen, are just something you have to try for yourself. So simple to make and so morish. Rock-‘n’-roll em today!
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons walnut (or other nut) butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon chlorella powder
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon chia/flax mix
- 3 probiotic capsules – lose the capsule, keep the powder
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of washed kale
- 1/2 cup spearmint leaves
- Shredded coconut
Tip: Always use organic if it’s available to you and it’s best to buy fair-trade cacao and chocolate.
WHAT TO DO:
- Blend everything in a Vitamix or similar until you have a thick consistency (but make sure it’s not liquid!).
- If the texture’s too thick, just add filtered water.
- Roll into balls and roll in shredded coconut or chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating (if you can!!!)
They’re the ultimate cheeky green treat for your mouth…
Originally published by Kelli Armstrong on Health-Bird