Lucky for you though, food blogger and recipe developer, Leah Itsines, has got a sure-fire solution that will teach you how to prep and cook tasty tofu in no time. This simple and easy Asian-style tofu is super versatile and perfect added to stir-fries, curries, salads, wraps or burgers.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
300g firm tofu, sliced thinly
1/4 cup dark soy sauce (use tamari for gluten-free option)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 spring onion stalk, sliced thinly
1cm piece of ginger, grated
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 lime, juiced
1. Slice the tofu in thin strips and lay flat on a chopping board. Place a paper towel over the top of the tofu and press down to draw out any excess water. Flip the tofu on the other side and repeat with a fresh tea towel.
2. If the tofu still looks watery, do the same as above but place a heavy object (frying pan, canned goods) on top and allow to draw out for 15 minutes.
3. Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Add a small touch of olive oil to a non-stick pan and heat over medium heat.
5. Add the tofu to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden brown.
6. Add to a stir-fry, rice bowl or any of your favourite combos and EAT!