This wickedly decadent and deliciously healthy sweet treat is daring, but the great news is it’s also high in magnesium, antioxidants and free of refined sugar, making it a fabulous guilt-free indulgence.
Organic Raw Snickers Bars
This recipe makes approximately 16 squares.
What you’ll need:
For the nougat
- 125g raw organic cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 2TBS coyo (coconut yoghurt) or coconut milk
- 1tsp organic vanilla essence
For the peanut caramel
- 3/4 cup organic crunchy peanut butter (100% peanuts, no added sugar)
For the chocolate
- 1 cup of chocolate coconut butter
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of coconut nectar or 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao
What to do:
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate coconut butter, coconut oil, nectar and raw cacao, over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Take off the heat and pour half of the mixture into a small baking dish or container lined with baking paper.
- Place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- Then, in a small food processor, blitz the cashews, vanilla and coyo until a smooth paste forms. Spread the nougat over the chocolate base and place back into the freezer.
- Wipe the food processor clean and then blitz the peanut butter until a smooth consistency. Spread over the nougat layer and place back in the freezer.
- Lastly, pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the top of the layers and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
- Slice into rectangles, dust with extra cacao and store in an airtight container in the fridge.