“I’m a big fan of one-pan recipes like this delicious sesame beef noodles! Not only are they super quick to cook but they’re also really easy to batch cook or meal prep for lunch the next day. Plus, you can easily experiment and mix up the vegetables! This is the perfect recipe to use up any leftover veggies you’ve got in the fridge.” — Leah Itsines.
Marinate time: 1 Hour
Cook time: 20 Minutes
350 beef strips
1 carrot, sliced thinly, lengthways
1 capsicum, sliced thinly
1 small red chilli, deseeded and sliced
zucchini, sliced thinly, lengthways
2 spring onion stalks
2 tbsp sesame seeds
150g rice noodles, dried
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp soy sauce (tamari to make it gluten-free)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic, grated
1 small chilli, deseeded and diced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Add all ingredients under “dressing” In a small mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
2. Coat beef strips in half the dressing and save half for later. Leave to marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
3. Cook noodles according to packet instructions.
4. In a hot wok, add carrots, zucchini, capsicum, chilli and spring onion and cook for 3 minutes to slightly soften (you still want a bit of crunch!).
5. Remove veggies from the wok and replace with the beef. Cook beef in batches to ensure you don’t overcrowd the wok.
6. Once all beef is cooked, throwback in the veggies and the cooked noodles. Stir to combine.
7. Pour the remaining dressing over the top and add sesame. Mix to combine. Serve hot!