Looking for a outdoor sports watch that does everything from navigation, speed, heart rate, altitude, weather conditions and features for running, biking and swimming. Suunto has just launched the all new Ambit2 The GPS for explorers and athletes. Packed in a glass fiber reinforced casing with a battery life of up to 50 hours in GPS mode, the Ambit2 is the ultimate watch for serious adventurers, explorers and multisport athletes. The Sapphire edition of the Ambit2, (pictured above) features a brushed steel bezel and sapphire crystal glass, adding some serious style to the Ambit2’s extreme functionality. There are thousands of Suunto Apps available to add new functionalities to your watch and included in the long list of the Ambit 2 features are:
- Route navigation
- Barometric information
- Altimeter with FusedAlti
- 3D compass and other outdoor specific features
- Accurate pace
- Route tracking
- Heart rate monitor
- Cycling: The new Suunto Ambit2 will support power meters (ANT+) and offers various power measurement values and numerous options for in-depth analysis.
- Swimming: The Ambit2 also offers comprehensive swimming functionality, including pace and distance, automatic intervals, stroke rate and swimming time related to different pool lengths. The Ambit2 S will also learn to recognize your swimming style, which makes performance analysis easier.
- Running: Runners benefit from highly accurate pace and distance thanks to FusedSpeed™, the Ambit’s accelerometer integrated GPS, as well as interval timer and autolaps for training.
- Multisport Training: Users can switch between sports, making the Suunto Ambit2 S ideal for recording your multisport training or race.
The Ambit2 will be globally available from May 2013 and is ready for any adventure. For more information click here.