This is a colorful and nutritious salad for any time of the day that will give you a quick hit of nutrients and energy, and will fill you up. Quinoa is an excellent source of plant based protein and parsley can assist with cleansing the blood. It even makes for a fantastic evening meal when you’re eating light or the weather’s warm.
Herbed quinoa with roasted vegetables
- 1 cup of cooked organic tri coloured quinoa
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1 baby eggplant sliced
- 2 organic carrots sliced
- 2 large pieces of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Small handful of fresh dill chopped
- Small handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Olive oil & sea salt to season
What to do
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Place all of the sliced/chopped vegetables on a small baking tray lined with baking paper. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes until tender. (*May need to remove eggplant and cauliflower earlier to prevent from over cooking.)
- Once the vegetables are cooked, toss in a bowl with quinoa and chopped herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- Serving tip: This salad works well with either chickpeas or pan-fried chicken tossed through for additional protein.