Paleo and gluten free, these mixed berry friands make for the perfect afternoon snack. So get baking this weekend! They should be refrigerated will keep for three days in an airtight container. Although they taste so good they’ll probably be eaten way before that!
Makes 10 – 12
2 cups almond meal
Pinch Himalayan crystal salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup full fat coconut milk
2 organic eggs
3-4 tbs maple syrup
Few drops natural vanilla extract
1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries were used for this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 180° C (356F) and line a cupcake baking tray with cupcake liners.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl, using a small wooden spoon.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, mix all the wet ingredients, except for the mixed berries.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients together. Fold in the berries.
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake liners, filling them to 3/4 full. Crumble a little extra of the frozen berries over the top. Try not to overdo it with the berries, as adding to many throughout the mixture may create a soggy friend.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. You can check by placing a skewer though the centre. If it comes back out clean then you may remove friands from oven. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!