Sundays are a great time to get prepped and ready for the week. Along with scheduling in your gym sessions and meal prepping your work lunches (in between some self-care, of course), what we love most about the weekend is the fact you get to spend some quality time in the kitchen. There are SO many recipes you can check out here on Sporteluxe, which means you have an endless supply of healthy snacks to choose from so you’re not undoing all your hard work when the munchies hit.
We’re still obsessed with Sally O’Neils’ 4-ingredient freezer cookies, and here, The Fit Foodie shares with us her version of a Snickers bar—they taste even better than the real deal minus all the nasties. Plus, they go a treat with a cup of herbal tea in the afternoon. De-lish.
For the base:
For the caramel layer:
For the topping:
1. In a food processor, add the oats, cashews, almond meal, and coconut, pulsing to a flour-like consistency.
2. Tip the mix into a large bowl and mix in the rice malt syrup and coconut cream, then press into the base of a lined brownie tin.
3. Back in the food processor, make the caramel layer by blending all the caramel ingredients together until smooth, then pour over the base.
4. Top the caramel with chopped almonds and salt, then freeze until set for 2-4 hours.
5. Meanwhile, make raw chocolate sauce by mixing together the coconut oil, cacao and rice malt syrup.
6. Remove the almond slab from the freezer and cut into bars.
7. Drizzle over the chocolate sauce and enjoy straight away or store back in the freezer for up to a week. Allow to come to room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.