Find yourself craving something sweet around 3pm? This coconut ice recipe from puts a paleo spin on a classic treat.
Paleo Coconut Ice
3 cups unsweetened desiccated coconut
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup fresh raspberries (or frozen, just be sure to thaw them out first)
1 tbs. rice malt syrup or raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line the base of a 15 x 25cm slice tin.
- In a saucepan over low heat place the coconut oil, coconut milk, rice malt syrup and vanilla. Stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and combine with desiccated coconut in a separate bowl.
- Press half the mixture into the prepared tin and place into the freezer. Leave in the freezer until just firm.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor whiz the raspberries until smooth. Combine the raspberries with the remaining coconut mixture. It should be pink!
- Take the tin out of the freezer and press the pink mixture on top of the white.
- Place back into the freezer until firm (about 30 minutes). Cut into slices and enjoy!