This nourishment bowl with sesame chili tofu is packed with nutrition, flavour, and will keep you full for hours. It’s the perfect recipe to get back on the healthy eating track, especially if you’ve indulged a little too much over the weekend.
Nourishment bowl with sesame chili tofu, wakame speckled soba noodles and an orange miso glaze
*1 box of Spiral Foods Bonsoy Nigari Firm Silken Tofu (Certified by Australian Certified Organic)
*1 tbs of rice flour
*2 tbs of rice bran oil
*3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tbs of Togarashi spice
*Half a ripe avocado
*10-15 slices of cucumber
*1 bunch of Spiral Foods organic Soba noodles (Certified by Australian Certified Organic)
4 pieces of Spiral Foods wakame seaweed
*1 tsp Spiral Foods sesame oil (Certified by Australian Certified Organic)
Miso orange glaze
*1/2 cup of Spiral Foods Organic genmai miso paste (Certified by Australian Certified Organic)
*1 tbs Absolute Organic sesame oil
*1/2 cup of orange juice (I used 1 and a half oranges)
*1 tbs of Absolute Organic honey / maple syrup
1/4 cup of filtered water
*1 tbs of chili flakes
*1 tbs of Spiral Foods tamari (Certified by Australian Certified Organic)
1 tbs of Spiral Foods mirin
*Denotes ingredients that can be sourced certified organic
Miso orange glaze
- Mix together all glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened slightly, place into a small pouring jug.
Sesame chili tofu
- Cut up tofu into desired sizes.
- Coat lightly in rice flour.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Pan fry until golden.
- Coat in sesame seeds and togarashi spice.
- Soak wakame seaweed in cold water for 10 minutes and cut into thin strips.
- Thinly slice cucumber and avocado.
- Cook soba noodles according to directions, toss in seaweed and oil.
- Assemble and serve in your favourite bowls.
- Drizzle over with the orange miso glaze and enjoy with a beautiful pair of chopsticks.
Recipe and images courtesy of Australia Organic and Paradise Pantry.
In the mood for dessert? Try Jessica Sepel’s healthy peanut butter fudge recipe.