We get it. It’s been a long and tiring day, you’re hungry, the last thing you feel like doing is cooking dinner but on the other hand you’re not keen for takeout. Nutritionist Jessica Sepel is the queen of quick and easy healthy dinners, and here she shares her super easy recipe for crispy skin salmon and greens which takes a whole 10 minutes to make. In true JSHealth style, this dish boasts all the nutritional goodness including healthy fats from the salmon and cooking oil, is packed full of greens and doesn’t skimp on flavour thanks to the sesame seeds, tamari sauce, ginger and fresh lemon.
2 salmon fillets
2–3 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
1–2 cups mixed greens, such as snap peas and green beans
1 tbsp tamari sauce (optional)
1 tsp fresh ginger, crushed
fresh lemon, to serve
1. Coat the top layer of the salmon fillets in sesame seeds.
2. Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive or coconut oil in the pan. Add in the mixed greens. Throw over the sesame seeds, tamari sauce and ginger. Keep cooking until the greens are cooked, but still crunchy.
3. Heat another medium-sized frying pan with 1 tbsp oil. Place the salmon in the pan and cook on each side for around 3 minutes.
4. To serve, plate up the salmon, greens and drizzle some fresh lemon juice.
5. Serve with brown or basmati rice on the side (optional).
View this post on Instagram
JSHealth DINNER (and lunch tomorrow!) 😀 Sesame crusted salmon, cinnamon roasted sweet potato, kale sautéed with leeks and chilli and avocado cubes! I have noooooo time at the mo, so it’s inspiring me make more food leftovers and create the quickest recipes ever 💚 Try this one, so divine! • TIP FROM ME Connect with how food makes you feel. While you’re at, ditch the mentality that food is “good” or “bad”. Choose foods based on how they make you feel. Eat foods that energise you, and stop eating foods that make you feel unwell/bloated/tired.