There’s no denying the fact that winter is well and truly upon us. The gas heaters are out, the Ugg boots are on and nothing sounds more appealing than snuggling up on the couch with a blankie, Netflix and all the snacks.
While that’s all well and good, it’s easy to get carried away—and while we are all for balance, winter is going to be hanging around for quite a while—so there will be times where we have to exercise some self-control (sad face).
Not too long ago, we shared some healthy versions of hot chocolate you can make yourself at home, and now we’ve stumbled across another recipe by one of our favourite foodies that we’re sure you’ll love.
Enter: Golden Mylk.
Not only does mixing turmeric root with coconut milk make for a warm and comforting hot beverage, it’s full of anti-inflammatory benefits and aids in both digestion and immune function.
Oh, and it’s also a great swap for your morning coffee if you’re looking to cut back on the good old caffeine.
Keep scrolling for recipe!
Turmeric & Coconut Golden Mylk
- 2 cups of almond milk or additive-free coconut milk (I love a mix of the two!)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric – ground or freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup, stevia or maple syrup to taste
- Pinch of black pepper (to increase absorption)
- ¼ tsp ginger – ground or freshly grated
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (optional)