In the East people have been meditating for thousands of years as a way to become happier and experience increased health. In the West we took a lot longer to catch on about meditation. But, now we understand meditation, damn are we researching it like mad! Here, are 10 amazing benefits of this ancient practice.
– Meditation is relaxing
– Meditation reduces stress
– Meditation makes you think faster
– Meditation helps you sleep better
– Meditation makes you more creative
– Meditation helps depression
– Meditation improves your general wellbeing
– Meditation supports weight loss
– Meditation improves anxiety
– Meditation fights disease , including reducing your risk of heart disease
Arianna Huffington is an author, Pulitzer Prize winner and the creator of The Huffington Post. She graces lists such as Time magazine’s Most Influential People In The World and Forbes Most Powerful Women. She is also on a mission to inspire more people to meditate.
“There is more and more scientific evidence about the impact of mindfulness and meditation in our lives,” says Arianna. “The list of all the conditions that these practices impact for the better—depression, anxiety, heart disease, memory, aging, creativity—sounds like a label on snake oil from the 19th century! Except this cure-all is real, and there are no toxic side effects.”
Scientists and an ever-growing list of seriously successful people like Arianna and Oprah are now all espousing the benefits of meditation. So perhaps the takeaway message from this article shouldn’t be giving you 10 reasons why you should practice meditation. But, rather, challenging you to think of 10 good reasons not to?