Have you tried our ‘Loco for Coco’ summer drink yet? Created in collaboration with top Australian juice company, Organic Avenue, Loco for Coco is a delicious mix of coconut water and coconut cream.
Here at Sporeluxe HQ, we like to stay healthy and eat clean but we suffer from those 3pm chocolate cravings just like everyone else. Loco for Coco is our guilt-free solution. As our Sporteluxe nutritionist Bannie Williams says, “Coconut is rich in vitamins and healthy fats that help to curb sugar cravings and keep you fuller for longer”.
Having said this, after experimenting with the decadent drink we’ve found it to be useful (and delicious) in more ways than one. Try it solo, mix it in a smoothie to refuel post-workout or better yet, have a go at our Loco for Coco Poached Chicken recipe. With the protein in chicken and carbohydrate in brown rice, Loco for Coco adds the healthy fats needed for a nutritious meal.
Loco for Coco Poached Chicken
Chopped red chilli
2 bottles of the Loco For Coco Milk
1 clove of garlic sliced
3 kaffir lime leaves
2 chicken breast halves
Make the rice first, then once the rice is ready, then make the chicken.
The Coconut Rice
- Add one cup of brown rice to your saucepan
- Pour in Loco for Coco milk until the milk sits 1 cm above the rice
- Cook on high until the milk has cooked through the rice and bubbles have formed on top of the rice.
- Once milk has soaked through and bubbles appear on top of the rice, switch the element off and cover
- Take lid off after 15 minutes and rice should be ready
The Poached Chicken in Coconut Milk
- Sit a frying pan on low heat
- Pour in Loco for Coco and heat while stirring
- Add the kaffir lime leaves, garlic, red chilli and ginger and let the ingredients simmer in the milk for 5 minutes. Keep tasting to check
- Sit the chicken breast in the milk on low to medium heat, turning occasionally so the breast cooks on both sides
- Once breasts cooked, take off and place in foil to keep warm
- With the remaining sauce, add cornflour to thicken and sprinkle with white pepper
- Scoop the rice onto your plate, place the chicken over the top and pour in the sauce
- Sprinkle the chicken with thinly sliced eschallots and the zest of a lime