Fresh and light, it’s how we love to eat in the warmer months. That’s why The Beauty Chef’s gluten and dairy-free daikon noodle and grilled salmon salad is a winner in our books. It ticks all of the right boxes in terms of nutrition and taste. Best of all, it’s easy to make for an office lunch or a picnic, and elegant enough for company.
The vitamin C from the daikon, plus the omega-3 and selenium from the salmon, make this lovely recipe a winner when it comes to boosting skin and immune health.
Daikon noodle and grilled salmon salad with lime and ginger dressing
- Use a spiraliser to cut the daikon and carrot into noodle-like lengths. Alternatively, using a mandolin, thinly slice into long, thin strips.
- Place the daikon, carrot, radish, snow peas, coriander, Thai basil, chilli and sesame seeds in a medium bowl and toss to combine.
- To make the lime and ginger dressing, combine the lime zest and juice and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in the macadamia and sesame oils. Season with salt.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Drizzle and rub coconut oil over the salmon ﬁllets. Cook the salmon, skin-side down, for 3 minutes, or until the skin is crisp and golden brown and the salmon cooked approximately one-quarter of the way through. Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until cooked one-quarter of the way through; the centre should still be pink. Transfer onto a plate or chopping board and rest for 2 minutes.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Flake the warm salmon into chunks and toss through the salad.
- Serve topped with additional herbs, sesame seeds and wasabi, if desired.
The Beauty Chef Cookbook
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out The Beauty Chef Cookbook. It is filled with over 150 delicious recipes that are designed to promote gut health and boost beauty from the inside out.