We’re big advocates of healthy indulgence here at Sporteluxe HQ. Which is why we’re always on the lookout for healthy dessert recipes. This delicious raspberry, almond and orange cake recipe is free from refined sugar and was created especially for Sporteluxe by teenage food blogger Zainab Alasadi of La Gallette.
Raspberry, almond and orange cake
1 cup almond meal
2 cup spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cardamom
125ml coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
Zest of 1 orange
2 tbsp rosewater (optional)
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease and line the sides of a 20cm baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cardamom and orange zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, orange juice and rosewater to combine.
- Mix the ‘wet’ mixture with the ‘dry’ mixture until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, smoothing all the way out to the edges before sprinkling with raspberries.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until the centre of the cake springs back to the touch.
For more of Zainab’s delicious vegan baked creations check out her blog La Gallette or follow her on Instagram @lagallette