A hearty omelette with all the veggies is as healthy as you can get for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner option. It offers a great hit of protein thanks to the eggs and you can boost its nutritional profile with a number of different ingredients.
This vegetarian keto recipe for mushroom, spinach and goat’s feta slice straight out of the pages of The Long Life Plan by Faye James is both full of flavour and good-for-you ingredients—garlic to help boost your immunity, mushrooms which contain B vitamins for energy and spinach for folate, vitamin C and potassium.
The addition to grated parmesan and goat’s feta cheese gives is the added bonus of protein and calcium. Simply whip up a batch, stick in the oven and refrigerate for an easy meal for whether you’re at home or in the office.
RECIPE: Mushroom, Spinach + Goat’s Feta Slice
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes Ingredients
2 cups button mushrooms, diced 1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups spinach, wilted
100g (31⁄2 oz) goat’s feta
1 cup almond milk
1⁄4 cup Parmesan, grated
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of nutmeg
Leafy greens to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F).
2. Sauté the mushrooms and garlic until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Place the spinach in the bottom of a pie dish. Place the sautéed mushrooms on top of the spinach, followed by the crumbled feta.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and Parmesan. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and feta in the pie dish and top with nutmeg. Bake the slice for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
6. Cut into four slices and serve with leafy greens. The Life Long Plan, New Holland Publishers RRP $35. Available from all good book retailers or online at www.newhollandpublishers.com
Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.