Whether you’re new in the kitchen and want to learn an easy dish to whip up, or you’re a seasoned cook in need of some inspo for fast weeknight fare, we got you. Jacqueline Alwill’s healthy yet flavourful take on spaghetti alle vongole, an Italian classic, is a quick meal that’s as easy as it is delicious. She’s swapped traditional pasta for nutritious zucchini noodles and combined them with garlic, briny clams, cherry tomatoes, parsley and chilli flakes.
If this sounds like your kind of dish, then keep scrolling for the recipe.
Vongole With Zucchini Noodles
GF: DF: SF
Serves 4 as a starter
- Heat a heavy-based casserole dish over a high heat and add in the olive oil, parsley stalks and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chilli flakes and cherry tomatoes.
- Stir everything around constantly and as the garlic starts to brown, add in the clams and stock. Shake everything around and cover with the lid.
- In 3–4 minutes the clams will begin to open. Continue shuffling around the dish until all the clams have opened.
- Remove from the heat and toss through the zucchini noodles and parsley leaves.
- Remove any unopened clams and discard.
- Serve immediately.