If you happen to love Nutella as much as we do (read: eat it straight from the jar), then you probably already know that today is World Nutella Day
. And now, everyone’s favourite chocolate-hazelnut spread has been given the ultimate healthy makeover by holistic health coach and wellness writer, Brooke Meredith
. Gluten, dairy and refined sugar free, this deliciously decadent (and guilt-free) Nutella donut recipe is a must-try. We dare you to stop at one!
Rawtella Donut Recipe
YOU WILL NEED
3/4 cup + 1tbs almond meal
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 large free range egg
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs maple syrup
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup hazelnuts
2 tbs cacao butter
3 tbs coconut oil melted
3 tbs cacao powder
4 tbs coconut cream
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1 – 2 tsp stevia (depending on how sweet you like it)
- To create the small round donuts I used a tray that had half circles.
- Prepare the tray by spraying it with coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, place the almond meal, arrowroot flour, bicarb soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, rice malt syrup, maple syrup and softened coconut oil together until runny.
- Transfer the wet mixture into the dry and whisk by hand until mixture is well combined and resembles a cake mixture.
- Transfer mixture to donut tray and bake for 4-6 minutes. They cook extremely quickly so keep watch.
- Remove from oven and lay on a baking tray to cook. Roll them in your coconut sugar mixture and set aside.
- To make the Rawtella, combine all the ingredients in a small food processer / blender and pulse until smooth and creamy. Add a tbs of water at a time if needed to help get the mixture moving.
- Using a straw, pierce a hole in the donut and wriggle it around to create a nice deep space. Spoon Rawtella into a piping bag, and pipe into the hole created.
, a certified holistic health coach and model, is not only passionate about health and wellbeing, but also creating her own healthy recipes. Her website, A Conscious Collection
, showcases a range of gluten (she has an intolerance herself), dairy and refined sugar free recipes alongside lifestyle articles.