Want to add a new salad to your repertoire? This shaved cucumber, goat’s cheese and dill salad is perfect summer fare.
Shaved Cucumber, Goat Cheese and Dill Salad
For the salad350g Lebanese cucumbers 1 small fennel bulb, tips reserved 2 tbsp pepitas 2 tbsp sunflower seeds ¼ cup finely chopped red onion 75g goat’s cheese 1 cup watercress leaves 1/3 cup dill leaves, picked Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
For the dressing½ cup avocado flesh 1tsp lime zest Pinch salt 1 tsp lime juice
- Place all ingredients for the avocado dressing and blitz in a food processor approximately 15 seconds, until a smooth consistency is created. Set aside.
- Slice your cucumber ribbons through a mandolin or using a vegetable peeler, so they can curl nicely when held. Shave or finely slice your fennel about 3mm thick.
- Arrange half the cucumber slices onto a serving platter or salad bowl. Place a few drops of the avocado dressing, then top with half the fennel, pepitas, sunflower seeds, onion, watercress, dill leaves and crumble over the goat’s cheese.
- Do the same again to create a lovely second layer in the salad, finishing with the fennel tops.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper and a drizzle of white balsamic and serve.