I don’t know about you but I can’t quite believe that January is already over. It seems like a second ago we were ringing in the New Year and now the festive season is well and truly finished. I’ve been a bit quiet with my personal writing on here of late. But I wanted to check in to share a few things I’ve been reflecting on recently.
However, I’m realising more and more that happiness isn’t a destination but a decision you make on a day-to-day basis. This was something that was reiterated to me when I attended Gabrielle Bernstein’s amazing workshop a few weeks ago. With that in mind, here are five simple steps I’ll be practising all of which centre around being happier.
1) Recommitting to my twice daily Vedic meditation practice. This is something I’d let slide a bit over the holidays. Which is kinda ironic given I had copious amounts of free time! However, I know how incredibly important it is to my wellness and for dealing with stress so I’ve vowed to once again give it the priority it deserves.
2) Making time for fun adventures with special people. This could be a quick out of town getaway. For example next week I’m heading to Lennox Head on the NSW North Coast for a long weekend and I literally can’t wait. But it could also be as simple as heading to the beach for a dip in the ocean after work. It’s just about connecting with nature, enjoying the company of inspiring friends and bringing some of those holiday vibes into my daily life.
3) Pouring myself wholeheartedly into work. I’m so lucky that I’m able to combine my passions with my profession. I’m beyond excited for all the awesomeness we have in store for Sporteluxe this year and for the wellness coaching course I’m about to embark on to enhance my knowledge in this area. Stay tuned!
4) Embodying my 2015 mantra, “onward, upward and inward”. This is a quote from one of my role models Arianna Huffington and her incredible book Thrive which I read twice over the holidays. It’s only four words long but it’s pretty powerful!
5) Practising gratitude. For everyone and everything incredible in my life.
Here’s to your happiness!
“Happiness is the highest form of health.” – Dalai Lama